Voiding a Previous Year's Check

How can I void a previous year’s check?

  1. You will need to create a journal entry to reverse the check. Create a journal entry from your bank recon screen: Expense D-Cash in Bank, C-account(s) originally written for*, then clear both the newly created journal entry and the last year’s check.

               *This may require you to go back to the fiscal year the check was created to see which account(s) the check was taken from.


Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.